City of La Grange Election Information
The City of La Grange will be conducting a General Election on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
The first day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot is Wednesday, January 13, 2021. Applications can be picked up at City Hall located at 155 E. Colorado Street (next to the Post Office) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The last day to file for a place on the General Election Ballot is Friday, February 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions about the election, you may access the Secretary of State’s website . Or, you may direct specific legal questions to the office of the Secretary of State and/or to the Texas Ethics Commission. For your convenience, copies of the Texas Election Code and the Local Government Code are available online.
The City Secretary of the City of La Grange will be in the office on Friday, April 2nd, 2021 from 8:00 – 11:00 for Election purposes only. Please call (979) 968-5805 concerning any election related questions you may have.
Sec. 31.122. OFFICE HOURS OF ELECTION AUTHORITY DURING ELECTION PERIOD.
(a) Except as provided by Section 31.123, each county clerk, city secretary, or secretary of the governing body of a political subdivision other than a county or city or the authority performing the duties of a secretary under this code shall keep that officer's office open for election duties for at least three hours each day, during regular office hours, on regular business days during the period:
(1) beginning not later than the 50th day before the date of each general election of the political subdivision or the third day after the date a special election is ordered by an authority of the political subdivision; and
(2) ending not earlier than the 40th day after election day.
(b) If the political subdivision is an independent school district, a regular business day means a day on which the school district's main business office is regularly open for business.
Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 211, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1986. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 728, Sec. 5, eff. Sept. 1, 1993; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1219, Sec. 2, eff. June 20, 1997. Sec. 31.123. APPOINTMENT OF AGENT DURING ELECTION PERIOD.Internet Posting for May 1, 2021 General Election
The General Election set for May 1, 2021 - Early Voting to be held at the Fayette County Courthouse at 151 N. Washington St, La Grange, TX 78945.
May 1, 2021 General Election
The General Election for members of City Council is held annually on the 1st Saturday in May.
Sample Ballots - Per the Texas Election Code, sample ballots may only be printed on yellow paper. These scanned sample ballots are suitable for color printers. If you choose to print them in black and white, you must use yellow paper. Only yellow sample ballots will be permitted to be brought into a City polling location. Sample ballots are posted in the City Hall lobby adjacent to the City Council chamber and copies are available from the City Secretary's Office at City Hall (155 E Colorado St).
May 1, 2021 Special Election for Charter Amendments
At its February 8th meeting, the City Council adopted an Ordinance ordering a Special Election for City Charter amendments. Nineteen proposed amendments will be decided by the voters at the May 1, 2021, Special Election.
Click here to view the special election ordinance - Ordinance 2021-02 - including the ballot items.
Click here to view the City Charter as it is currently, following the 2001 Charter Amendment election.
Overview of Proposed Charter Admendments
Order Calling for Election - Spanish
Notice of General Election
Notice of Special Election on Charter Amendments - City of La Grange
Notice of Special Election on Charter Amendments - Spanish City of La Grange
Tex Paul Parker
Katherine (Katie) Gross
John “Honza” Cernosek – unopposed elected
Bonnie B. Busch – unopposed elected
Pat Janca – unopposed elected
- April 19th – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 20th – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 20th – Applications for ballots by mail must be received by 5:00 p.m.
- April 21st – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 22nd – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 23rd – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 26th – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 27th – Early Voting @ Fayette County Courthouse @ 151 N. Washington St. # 108 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 1st – Election Day @ La Grange City Hall Council Chambers @ 155 E. Colorado St. from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.