Current Career Opportunities
City of La Grange Applicants,
Before completing the City of La Grange Employment Application, please take a few minutes to read the following so you will be better informed about the City of La Grange’s employment application process.
- The City of La Grange is a Drug Free Workplace and all applicants receiving a contingent offer of employment will be drug tested.
- To be considered for employment you must complete and submit an employment application. An incomplete application may be rejected. You are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your employment application.
- If there is a deadline on the position, applications must be submitted on or before the deadline date and time.
- All employment applications for a current vacancy are received and processed by Human Resources. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Once the position has been filled all applicants will receive a courtesy notification via email.
- Applicants needing assistance during any phase of the employment application process may contact Mary Goerig, Assistant City Secretary, at email@example.com or via telephone at 979-968-5805. Every reasonable effort will be made to assist your needs in a timely manner.
Currently Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
School Resource Office (Posted 6-24-2021)
The La Grange Police Department School Resource Officer (SRO) will be assigned to La Grange Independent School District campus. The SRO will work with the school principals and maintain a peaceful campus environment and take appropriate action regarding on-campus or school related criminal activity. The work schedule will consist of 40 hours weekly, with a flexible schedule. School Resource Officer will work patrol when school is not in session and enforce all Federal and State laws and City ordinances relating to public safety and welfare. This position will remain open until filled. Visit this link to view a complete job description. Applications may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Development Manager - Full Time (Posted 8/06/21)
This is an exempt position responsible for providing a creative approach in promoting and developing economic programs for the City of La Grange to enhance business retention, expansion and attraction in both commercial and industrial development. This position is expected to independently manage projects and work closely with the La Grange business community. This position reports to the Director of Community Development and Tourism. A complete job description is available here. Resumes may be submitted to SNorris@cityoflg.com.
Police Officer - Full Time (Posted 8/09/21)
The La Grange Police Department is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. Applicants must be licensed with the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement. Applicants will enforce state and local laws along with city ordinances. The City of La Grange offers an excellent benefit package. Applicants would be required to work days and/or night shifts and up to forty hours a week. Applications may be obtained from the La Grange Police Department at 243 S College, La Grange, TX or Apply Online: using the application links below. Please submit your application to email@example.com or bring it by the La Grange Police Department, 243 S. College, La Grange, Texas 78945. 979.968.5806
The City of La Grange is an equal opportunity employer.