Entertainment & Recreation
Come to La Grange and stay a lifetime.
Life is more than just the day-to-day activity and work. La Grange offers a livable community that includes opportunities to relax, unwind and have fun! La Grange is home to:
La Grange boasts parks across the community perfect for pavilion parties, playground play dates, pick-up games, exercising, swimming, fishing, boating, walking, camping and just plain relaxing.
- LCRA Lake Fayette Oak Thicket Park
- LCRA Park Prairie Park
- LCRA Plum Park on the Colorado
- City of La Grange Parks (Buffalo Trail Park, Fayette County Fairgrounds, Heritage Park, Kruschel Park, Northside Park, Randolph Rec Center Park, and White Rock Park)
Fayette County Reservoir (Lake Fayette) is primarily a fishing lake, although boaters enjoy it as well. The lake is stocked with largemouth bass, catfish and sunfish and is consistently ranked near the top for largemouth bass fishing statewide.
Featuring a variety of museums, La Grange offers something for everyone including several historical museums, a cultural center, a railroad depot museum and an internationally recognized art museum featuring beautiful quilted masterpieces.
- Depot Museum and M-K-T Railroad Depot
- Fayette Public Library/Fayette Heritage Museum & Archives
- Texas Czech Heritage & Cultural Center
- Texas Heroes Museum inside the Old Fayette County Jail
- Texas Quilt Museum
5 Historic Sites
Appreciate the history of the area and its contribution to the state when you visit the local sites that played a part in creating the culture of the community.
- Fayette County Courthouse
- Historic Casino Hall
- The Historic Faison Home
- Monument Hill & Kreische Brewery State Historic Sites
- Old La Grange City Cemetary
Family Fun and Entertainment
With live music, a golf course, a working dairy farm to tour, Farmer’s Market on the Square every Saturday and numerous festivals throughout the year, there’s always something to do that exhibits the charisma and character of the community.
Bigger Cities Nearby
The short distance to Bastrop and Brenham provides plenty of shopping and dining options that are close to home. Both communities also offer movie theatres, bowling alleys and a variety of other entertainment options.
Texas’ Biggest Cities
La Grange is located in the heart of Texas, right in the middle of Texas’ big metropolitan areas. Within a couple of hours there are infinite entertainment possibilities including professional sporting events, fantastic shopping spots, wonderful cultural experiences and extraordinary cuisine. All are easily accessible and just a short drive from La Grange.